In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Winslow rifle - what's it worth?

Rifleman.308Rifleman.308 Member Posts: 101 ✭✭
edited November 2002 in Ask the Experts
A friend of mine showed up hunting this weekend with a Winslow rifle in .300 Win. Mag. Gorgeous rifle, with Belgian steel and an absolutely beautiful stock. I asked him what it was worth and he got coy. Anyone know, based on what I've given you here?

Comments

• Options
    I.ShuteI.Shute Member Posts: 647
    edited November -1
    I have seen only one of these rifles and it was also gorgeous.
    They were made in several grades and sold for $500 to $5500.
  • Options
    martzkj@msn.commartzkj@msn.com Member Posts: 582 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I've seen a few of these sell at auction for the 450-500 range. However they were all the basic rifle nice wood nice fit and finish but no fancy inlays or engraving.
  • Options
    ATFATF Member Posts: 11,683 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Rifleman.308,If he would not give me an answer I would no longer call him my friend.I'd have other names for him.

ATF
  • Options
    captkirk3@dslextreme.comcaptkirk3@dslextreme.com Member Posts: 3,804
    edited November -1
    WINSLOW's are all beautiful...But the value depends upon which Rifle he has....?
    The CROWN is Bringing $1500.00
    The EMPEROR is Bringing $7500.00
    The IMPERIAL is Bringing $3750.00
    The REGAL....... $650.00
    The REGENT...... $775.00
    The REGIMENTAL...$1000.00
    The ROYAL........$1750.00
    and the COMMANDER at $550.00
    Winslow arms Co., was Established in Venice, Florida in 1962, moved to Osprey, Florida in 1976, and now is located in Camden, South Carolina.

Captain Kirk, Tech Staff
  • Options
    Rifleman.308Rifleman.308 Member Posts: 101 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Thanks to all. The rifle was not overly embellished, so I don't know what grade it was. Everything on the gun was flawless, however, and the action was so smooth... Sounds like an American gun manufacturer actually can blow the "big boys" away (notwithstanding the European steel).