In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Spt 58 / 870 guru question

sig-mansig-man Member Posts: 591 ✭✭✭✭
edited November 2002 in Ask the Experts
I am able to take my 870 barrels and install them on my sportsman 58's, the only differance is the gas holes in the barrel. Has anyone done this interchanging before?I plan to drill, or use an endmill to produce the gas holes. I work in a machine shop so that is not a problem. It should work, right??? I am doing this for two reasons, first, to have a vent rib barrel, and second to have a shorter barrel with interchangeable choke tubes. Any feedback or info would be appriciated. Thanks in advance...

Comments

• Options
    gunone4gunone4 Member Posts: 39 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    sig man , be very very careful. you are talking about alot of gas presssure,can be very dagerous.As a gunsmith I would recomend you not to.If you decide to two things:Location of the gas holes are critical, and the size is critical. Please think about it first.
  • Options
    25-0625-06 Member Posts: 466 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Jerry Kuhnhausen's book on Remington shotguns has this modification illustrated in his book. You can buy it from Brownell's Gunsmithing Supplies. Also, lists a gunsmith who does this conversion.