In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Browning 2 Shot Automatic (Belgium)

CoupdvilCoupdvil Member Posts: 2 ✭✭
edited November 2002 in Ask the Experts
Need some help here, about to receive a 1950 to 1960 2 shot automatic Browning from my fathers estate. I was trying to see its value so I can properly document insurance policy on it. From what my father told me long ago, it was rare and worth a bit of money. Any help or links that could point me into a good direction would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Options
    RembrandtRembrandt Member Posts: 4,486 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    The Browning "Double Auto" was made between 1954-1972, about 65,000 were produced. Several variations were available...steel receivers (plain or ribbed barrels) were available in either blue or silver, these would be about ($200-$600+).

Another version was the "Twelvette Double Auto"...these were alloy receivers and came in a number of colors (blue, silver, green, brown, black)these would bring rougly $200-$900. Val Browning, (John's Son) brought in some unique colors hoping they would catch on, these were Red, gold, and royal blue. It is thought that only about 6 of each ever made it into this country. These are rarest colors and would bring quite a bit more to collectors.

20 gauge models were also avilable, ($200-$900+)

Edited by - Rembrandt on 11/28/2002 08:23:02
  • Options
    duckhunterduckhunter Member Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    DID YOU EVER SEE A DOUBLE-AUTO 20 GA??

I WOULD RATHER BE DUCK HUNTING.