In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

shipping ammo to hawaii

hawaiipighunterhawaiipighunter Member Posts: 438 ✭✭✭
edited November 2002 in Ask the Experts
my question is can ammo be shipped to hawaii? i heard that ammo cant be sent by air, so can it be slow boated to me? i am looking for winchester or s&b 3 inch 410 buckshot and brenneke 3" slugs.

any help would be appreciated!

kyle

Comments

• Options
    Rafter-SRafter-S Member Posts: 2,173 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I don't know all the so-called "proper ways," but if you have a friend or relative who is sending you ammo, I suggest contacting the ATF to find out how to do it.

I have a dealer/distributor buddy that made an honest mistake and shipped a case of ammo the wrong way. The fine he received was several thousand dollars. He almost lost his FFL also.

My humble suggestion,
    Rafter-S
  • Options
    IconoclastIconoclast Member Posts: 10,515 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    hph, it will have to go surface. Illegal to ship by air. Which is pretty ****ing stupid considering the amount of military ordnance shipped that way, but like Rafter said, if the shipper should be caught at it, big time hassles.
  • Options
    ddhotbotddhotbot Member Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    pighunter,is this ammo for your winchester 9410? dont they use 2 1/2" shells only?take care
    keep on bangin boys
    don
  • Options
    edited November -1
    don

i have an array of 410's. a mossberg pump, remington pump, a single and double and a bolt!!!!

im still working on convinvcing the mrs. to let me bring home the 9410!!!

women!

kyle
  • Options
    ddhotbotddhotbot Member Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    you still need a ak410!!love it
    don
  • Options
    edited November -1
    don,

its on the list!!! it sits at like number 4 on the to get list!!! im looking at the 9410, or 1100 410. the saigas are readily available (the 1100 and 9410 arent) and besides its hard to convince mrs. hawaiipighunter to spend 600 bucks on a gun and im close to having her convinced!! besides i can squander away 200 bucks by tax time and get a saiga in a few months.

did you ever find any barnaul slugs? its a steel cased 410 slug 2 3/4 inches long. they sell them at cheaper than dirt.com

im currently deployed and away from hawaii, but when i get back i willl be out in full scale testing federal, winchester and remington slugs in my 870 and whatever else i carry home with me from deployment!!!

i would also like to hear about your other home brewed loads for the 410. i knew you had a few concoctions in the make.

kyle
  • Options
    Rafter-SRafter-S Member Posts: 2,173 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    "i willl be out in full scale testing federal, winchester and remington slugs in my 870 and whatever else i carry home with me from deployment!!!"

It may not have occurred to you, but Big Brother monitors sites like this one.

My humble input,
    Rafter-S

"What is truth? No wonder jesting Pilate turned away. The truth, it has a thousand faces -- show only one of them, and the whole truth flies away! But how to show the whole? That is the question."
    --Thomas Wolfe, "You Can't Go Home Again" (1934)
  • Options
    edited November -1
    rafter,

being deployed within the us, and a united states citizen, i plan to purchase a gun, or two or three, or four, fill out the 44somethingorother form, have the background check performed and then walk out of the store and into the airportm where i claim my baggage and declare firearms, properly labelled identified and fly back home and then within 48 hours (unless its a holiday) register my new purchases with honolulu police. i truly hope Big Brother is watching!!! hell he can even help me carry my damn bags!!!!

i understand your point. sorry if i overdid it!

kyle
  • Options
    EOD GuyEOD Guy Member Posts: 931
    edited November -1
    quote:hph, it will have to go surface. Illegal to ship by air. Which is pretty ****ing stupid considering the amount of military ordnance shipped that way, but like Rafter said, if the shipper should be caught at it, big time hassles.

It is not illegal to ship ammunition by air as long as it is properly packaged IAW IATA and DOT regulations. It is, however, expensive.

Note: IATA = International Air Transport Association
    DOT = Department of Transportation
  • Options
    edited November -1
    eod guy,

i just found that out as we shipped some 1.4 to us from the team, to us on deployment.

i talked to my armorer and he sends ammo and explosives by fed ex almost daily. uncle sam pays for it, we never see the cost.

kyle