In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

romanian sar-1/red star trigger ques.

ohioghogohioghog Member Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭✭
edited October 2003 in Ask the Experts
rec'd this sar-1 as part of a multiple gun trade and the guy said it has a red star trigger installed. i'm not too familiar with the ak weapons. can i identify the red star trigger installation without taking the gun apart? i'm going to end up getting rid of the weapon so i will need to be sure if it has the red star trigger or not. it looks like the pins on the side of the reciever have been removed and re-installed. i have fired the weapon and the trigger pull seems to be very smooth with no trigger slap. any suggestions??

Comments

• Options
    kimberkidkimberkid Member Posts: 8,857 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The Red Star trigger is a fully adjustable US made fire control system (hammer, trigger & sear) adjustments are made by allen screws for sear engagement, trigger pull weight and over-travel... these triggers when adjusted properly have a very smooth and crisp pull/break with no trigger slap ... they price out around $70 ... if you remove it you will need to replace it with another US made fire control set to to keep it legal. Because of the allen screws, you shouldn't have any trouble identifing it ...

===========================
    Chance favors the prepared mind [8D]

kimberkid@cox.net
    If you really desire something, you'll find a way ?
    ? otherwise, you'll find an excuse.