In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Browning medallion question

hardley davidsonhardley davidson Member Posts: 141 ✭✭✭
edited October 2003 in Ask the Experts
There's a thing on the end of this browning that looks kinda like a flash suppressor but i dont think thats what it is..it has a knurled part so it can be turned and numbers from 1 to 9. theres holes in the thing for maybe gas to escape...i dunno....is this the BOSS system i read about? and what does it do and why the numbers from 1 to 9 ? does that add any value to the gun also..it a 22.250

Comments

• Options
    chuckchuck Member Posts: 4,911
    edited November -1
    Sounds like the BOSS, I call them dial a group, and they work, Brownings owners manual will tell you how to adjust it, I had a friend that had a boss on his browning, we went to the range and his first 3 shot groups were about and inch and a half, turned the Boss and they went down to about a half inch,with the same load.
  • Options
    Spring CreekSpring Creek Member Posts: 1,260
    edited November -1
    With a little "trial & error" while target practicing and adjusting the "Boss" system, you will eventually find the "Sweet Spot" for the particular load and the Boss Adjustment.
    Great system!
    On a great gun!
    Can't go wrong!
  • Options
    MFIMFI Member Posts: 7,899 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Browning gives you an owners manual with the gun and inside there is a chart that tells you what setting to put the BOSS on depending on what ammo you are shooting and the grain. My brother has one and he loves it. He shoots Winchester Ballistic Silvertip's out of the .300 Win Mag. Recoil is light but gun is loud as expected. Guns usually cost a little more with the BOSS system from the factory.