In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

muzzleloader quality

toddwilson_@excite.comtoddwilson_@excite.com Member Posts: 389 ✭✭✭
edited November 2003 in Ask the Experts
I am going to upgrade by muzzleloading rifle after this season. I currently have a cva hunterbolt which isn't bad. I am going to go to a Thompson Center Omega for next year. Any advice on any others I might want to consider. (needs to be an inline only). As always thanks for your replies.

Comments

• Options
    He DogHe Dog Member Posts: 50,958 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have been very pleased with My TC Black Diamond. Very reliable, good accuracy and easy to clean, particularly using 777 pellets and power belt bullets.

My heros have always killed cowboys.
  • Options
    cletus85cletus85 Member Posts: 2,104 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I certainly agree the Omega is interesting and I'll be the first to admit that I hate cleaning Muzzleloaders. I have seriously considered one myself, but for now I'm putting it on hold. I decided this because my Knight T-Bolt performs at a level that would be hard match. I also have handled a few and I don't consider the quality to match that of a Knight. I talking about trigger pull and the "hammer" and the actual shape and position of the trigger. That said, I'm sure I'll eventually buy one just not right now. I've got another rifle ordered, and don't want to overload myself before deer season with sighting in and load development.
  • Options
    bambihunterbambihunter Member Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I sure like my Remington 700 MLS, it looks and feels just like my other Remington 700's. If you have a name-brand rifle that you use for regular season you might want to see if they also offer one in muzzleloader. Besided the Remington, Savage, Winchester, Ruger all have one and I think several others do too.
    Something else to consider...
    Fanatic collector of the 10mm auto.
  • Options
    ibffsteveibffsteve Member Posts: 582 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Also look at the H&R Huntsman. A great muzzleloader for the money(less expensives than other brands), plus you can add a rifle or shot gun barrel later for added versitility. Just be sure you get a SB2 reciever(rifle)over the SB1 reciever(shotgun) as you can only add rifle barrels to the SB2
    http://www.hr1871.com/
  • Options
    ATFATF Member Posts: 11,683 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    ibfsteve,Thanks for the H&R link.I have had a number of the older Huntsmen but the didn't come in fifty caL.a LOT OF GUN FOR A LITTLE MONEY.

[^] [^] [^] [^] [^] [^] [^] [^] [^] [^] [^] [^]

standard.jpg
    ATF