In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Winchester Model 52???

mparcelmparcel Member Posts: 28 ✭✭
edited November 2003 in Ask the Experts
I have a bull barrel target rifle that I received from my father. It apears to be a Model 52, but has no markings that state that for sure. The serial number is in the 10,000 range. Next to the serial number it does have the WP in a circle stamp that I have seen on other 52's. It is .22 and I would guess my father had it for probably 30 years. It has a target style stock, and fancy sights. Can anyone tell me what I have?

Comments

• Options
    MIKE WISKEYMIKE WISKEY Member, Moderator Posts: 9,972 ******
    edited November -1
    M-52'S ARE MARKED ON THE BARREL, IF ITS BEEN REBARRELED WITH A CUSTOM BARREL-NO MARKINGS. 10,000 SER. # WOULD BE A 'FAST LOCK' EARLY 1930'S RIFLE.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    What does that do to the value?
  • Options
    bobskibobski Member Posts: 17,868 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    is there anyway you post a pic? 52's are all very collectible guns. matter of fact, i need one. i could use a c version or a nice b. things like holes drilled into it for scopes and any private mods brings down value. maybe 'only winchesters' can shed some light for us? early guns had mags. newer guns were one round at a time guns. lock on closing lock on opening...whew...52's get deep. tell us more and maybe we can help more.
    Retired Naval Aviation
    Former Member U.S. Navy Shooting Team
    Former NSSA All American
    Navy Distinguished Pistol Shot
    MO, CT, VA.
  • Options
    Colt SuperColt Super Member Posts: 31,007
    edited November -1
    My Father-In-Law (and best friend) collects 52s, and has many of them. Some of them are worth $thousands!! He doesn't use email, but if you need any info, I'll be happy to call him and pass on your questions.

God Bless America and...
    NEVER Forget WACO
    NEVER, EVER Forget 911
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Thanks to all who replied - I am in the middle of hunting season, but as soon as I get a chance I will take some pics and get them posted.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I can't fiqure out how to post pictures - can anyone help??