In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

H&R model 949

jce126jce126 Member Posts: 12 ✭✭
edited October 2004 in Ask the Experts
I need some parts for a model 949. The serial # is AJ576xx, so I believe it was manufactured in the late 60's (more than likely 1969). It was my father's pistol. He died in 1976 and it was passed onto me by my mother. I've looked online EXTENSIVELY and was unable to find the parts that I need. I would like to refurbish this great old pistol so I can pass it onto to my son. Any ideas where I can get original parts? Thanks in advance,

Dave

Comments

• Options
    jce126jce126 Member Posts: 12 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Does anyone have any info on this 22 cal. pistol, I have no info
    please respond so i have something to go on? thanx jce126
  • Options
    perry shooterperry shooter Member Posts: 17,390
    edited November -1
    Hello 22cal. 5+1/2 inch barrel 9 shot double action but made to look like a "WESTERN" style with side loading and ejection adj sights nib is about $125.00 adverage about$50.00-$65.00
  • Options
    b.goforthb.goforth Member Posts: 982
    edited November -1
    jce126,
    it you furnish the letter code prefix in the serial number i can give you year of manufacture (it may be one or two letters). model 949 manufactured between 1962/63 and 1986. the model 949 was one of H&R most popular revolvers.
    bill