In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Help on Value

fishermanbenfishermanben Member Posts: 15,370
edited October 2004 in Ask the Experts
One of my customers has this gun. Do any of you have any idea on the value.

The reciever reads: Hamilton Rifle #27 22cal
Manufactured by Hamilton & Son 1800

It appears to be in good condition; however, I could not tell if it had been refinished.

Sep29001.jpg

logo_chc_79x76.jpg

Comments

• Options
    edited November -1
    I don't know if you guys can ballpark the winchester in this picture or not. It has pitting over 60% of the gun. I just need a ball park, even if it is a fairly large range. Thanks in advance guys.

Oct05042.jpg

I root for the logo_chc_79x76.jpg and anyone who is playing the Cardinals.gif
  • Options
    GrasshopperGrasshopper Member Posts: 16,762 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Can't tell if 1890 or 1906...but MWAG is $200. for a hanger
  • Options
    guntech59guntech59 Member Posts: 23,187 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I don't know about the gun, but how 'bout those red sox?quote:Originally posted by fishermanben
    I don't know if you guys can ballpark the winchester in this picture or not. It has pitting over 60% of the gun. I just need a ball park, even if it is a fairly large range. Thanks in advance guys.

Oct05042.jpg

I root for the logo_chc_79x76.jpg and anyone who is playing the Cardinals.gif
  • Options
    edited November -1
    This is for a customer of mine, so I want to be as close as possible erring to their favor. Can I get someone to concur with nambu, please.

Ben

"The real art of conversation is not only to say the right thing at the right time, but also to leave unsaid the wrong thing at the tempting moment."
  • Options
    duckhunterduckhunter Member Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    150.00 TOPS FOR A HANGER

I WOULD RATHER BE DUCK HUNTING.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Well, like everywhere else, where your at ect. But I think duck and myself are "in-line" with value. IMO. nambu
  • Options
    edited November -1
    150-200 even if it shoots, nambu?

Ben

"The real art of conversation is not only to say the right thing at the right time, but also to leave unsaid the wrong thing at the tempting moment."
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Well, I have had them in the past, in better cond. and sold for 275. and one for 300. The pitting kills it, would not make a good one to refinish,,collectors of this model would shy away because of condition. Then all you have is average joe to add one to his arsenal.And that means, about 200. If it was at a farm auction in my area, then it might bring more, but not at a gun shop....IMO. nambu
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Thank you, Nambu. I appreciate it.

Ben

• Options
    asaasa Member Posts: 129 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    From the absence of a takedown knob, I'm assuming your '90 is a 1st model(case colored receiver) or second(blued receiver) model. Even in worn, pitted condition, a first model is rare and desirable, worth $250-$450 if any case at all is evident. (and 3-4K if in 90% or better cond.) If it was blued (2nd) it would be worth 2-$300 with a few caveats: caliber? cond. of bore? (.22 short bores tend to be pitted) originality of sights? and-importantly-condition of the buttstock. From the pic, it looks like it has a wrist repair which is more common than not on '90's. Wood around the tangs is thin and-after 75-100 yrs.-tends to be dry, fragile and crack easily. Original replacement buttstocks are hard to find and VERY expensive in good cond. Another possibility is to part the gun out on "the bay". A 2nd series receiver should bring good money. Keep in mind that it's a fairly rare gun-one of around 15K. Hope this has helped. -Asa
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Thanks Everyone!!! Your knowledge is invaluable to me.

Ben