In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

45 Barrel

BshooterBshooter Member Posts: 246 ✭✭✭
edited October 2004 in Ask the Experts
I won a 1911 bull barrel in 45 cal at the USPSA nationals. The rifling in the barrel is different than I have seen before. It progressively increases as it travels the length of the barrel. Does it have a special name? Thanks. Bshooter

Comments

• Options
    HangfireHangfire Member Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I believe you'll find that is called a "Gain"twist...maybe the 45 shooters have a different designation.

Love them Pre-64's!!!!-Bob
  • Options
    perry shooterperry shooter Member Posts: 17,390
    edited November -1
    Hello US PISTOL shooter call it a gain twist also. I have never tested one and I think shueman is the maker I have tested and used their earlier barrel and like them The most popular with the BULLSEYE group is KART for lead bullets and BARSTO for ball ammo. If you live in Va. I invite you to come and test with my barrel tester before spending time to fit it to a slide. Or if you want to sell I would be interested in buying and testing quote:"PRAISE THE HARDBALL GUN"