In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Which is the best?

Varquaz_5Varquaz_5 Member Posts: 6 ✭✭
edited October 2004 in Ask the Experts
I want to purchase a rifle. I want something similar to an ak-47
I have looked at a few choices, which ones would you recommend, where to get them from and also, any personal experience with them. thank you

russian VEPR
romanian sar-1
ak-103

any other ones and brands that r similar

ty and also if you could list their manufacturers

bye

Comments

• Options
    Salvage33Salvage33 Member Posts: 1,182 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    you might want to check out a Saiga. Available through EAA Corp. website is www.eaacorp.com Saiga comes out of the same mfg. facility that originated the AK-47. Never shot one, but folks who have them say they are very reliable and good shooters. Might ask around about that.

John

The original point and click interface was made by Smith & Wesson
  • Options
    gap1916gap1916 Member Posts: 4,977
    edited November -1
    I like the SAR1 and the SAR3/5.56. The SA M7 is also very nice. The SAR for the price is a verey good AK varient. My 2 cents [8D]

Greg
    Former Marine
    A N G L I C O
  • Options
    BigBarnBigBarn Member Posts: 361 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    For an AK clone, that is easy to shoot, does to break at an unreasonable rate, and is easy on the pocket book, try looking for a MAC 90. It is the closest thing you will find to an AK, without actually buying one. If you frequent the local gun shows, you will find one affordably priced, sooner than later.
    Good luck!

BigBarn[:o)]

"Respect the land, and it will respect you"
  • Options
    Jimmy BossJimmy Boss Member Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have to agree with Bigbarn. The Mac-90 are found around here in the 3-400$ range. I had one last year and they are a very good weapon in the price range. Lots of fun to shoot too. Good luck with your search.

JBoss......Fear No Fish