In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

changing glock sights?

LubbockLukeLubbockLuke Member Posts: 10 ✭✭
edited October 2004 in Ask the Experts
How hard is it to change Glock sights, can an average person do it or is it a gunsmith job? I want to add some night sights to my 17 and 34. Email to IowaPrivateEye@aol.com

Bob Lucas

Comments

• Options
    mrs102mrs102 Member Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I was a Glock armorer for a while. The rear sight is best dealt with by purchasing a sight tool (not cheap). It moves the old sight out and pushes the new sight into the dovetail. The front sight is knocked off the slide from underneath with a small punch. The new sight will go on with a very small screw with about a 3/8" head. It is not difficult but requires the correct tools. The rear sight can be drifted out with a punch and hammer but is really tight and may damage the night sight. Glock makes these tools and there are aftermarket versions available from Brownell's. Some outfits will sell you the sights and install them for a nominal fee by sending them the slide with the sight order.