In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Weaver style base help

roysharoysha Member Posts: 749 ✭✭✭✭
edited October 2004 in Ask the Experts
I need a Weaver style base to fit on an octagon barrel that is 13/16" across flats. Can someone tell me what to use? Hole pattern is of no consequence since the barrel will have to be drill and tapped for whatever I find.

Comments

• Options
    ern98ern98 Member Posts: 1,725 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I believe Brownells catalog lists Warne's weaver pattern in a "blank" format. Meaning it is just a length of non drilled or radiused steel weaver stock. The gunsmith just cut the length he wants, drills and since you are using it on a flat surface there would be no radius cut. Go look at their online catalog.
  • Options
    BT99BT99 Member Posts: 1,043
    edited November -1
    Check the Weaver #63B, for the Marlin 336. It's flat on the bottom, no
    curve.
  • Options
    roysharoysha Member Posts: 749 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Thank you for the thoughts and I had already considered that route, however, I was hoping for a base that might have the octagon bottom profile such as might be used on a traditional muzzle loader rifle. With the 13/16" size most of the bases I have available are much too large.