In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

BL-22 Bolt Removal

gun-nut-4-lifegun-nut-4-life Member Posts: 2 ✭✭
edited October 2004 in Ask the Experts
Hi all,

Yes, I am new to the forum, but not to firearms. I just purchased a Browning BL-22 and as with all my other firearms, I just have to take them apart, study them, and put them back together (with some well learned trigger tweaking and parts polishing...I am accustomed to a nice crisp 2.5 pound trigger).

The BL-22 manual that comes with the rifle must have been written intentionaly so that people DONT take the action apart. Anyone have any suggestions on where to obtain an illustration or procedure.

Even though I am a mechanical type, I figured I would try to get as much info prior to jumping in.

Most Respectufully,

Pete Shirley
NRA Life Member 010511044
Mechanical Engineer

Comments

• Options
    HangfireHangfire Member Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I took one apart once, and even with the book Mark referred to...I cried during reassembly!!!!

Love them Pre-64's!!!!-Bob
  • Options
    chorkiechorkie Member Posts: 2,477 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have one that I took apart . ONCE! It took the patience of a Swiss watchmaker to put the damned thing back together. That ejector spring had to go in with tweezers. If it ever needs that kind of work again, I'm taking it to a 'smith.
    Chorkie

Image005.jpg