In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

smith and wesson 1500

scottavtscottavt Member Posts: 5 ✭✭
edited October 2004 in Ask the Experts
im considering a S&W 1500 wtih a bushnell 6X and a composite stock. Is it worth the 300 asked and what are the recommended reloads for a 338 win

Comments

• Options
    edited November -1
    I have a .308 S&W model 1500 havent used it yet wondered if anyone knows who really made the rifle? do they have a good reputation and is there anything I should be prepared to fix
  • Options
    allechalleyallechalley Member Posts: 888 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Blue Book does not list a S&W 1500 with either a composite stock nor in .338. Not saying it never existed, but any S&W's I've ever seen have been walnut. The action was made by HOWA, which is still a very good action, parts available, still made. B. Book says a 1500
    100% $350,98% $300, 95% $260. If you have use for a bruiser like this, the Redfield alone should be worth over half of the price. If the rifle itself is in nice shape and fits you, the gun itself is fairly priced. There was/is a recall on certain S&W 1500 bolts. Check their website to see if yours fits the serial number range. If it does, you mail them, they send a shipping envelope prepaid, they fix the bolt and send back prepaid. The site should also tell you how to check if it has been serviced. Mine took about 2 1/2 weeks.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    well its prob 85% condition, but its also magna ported and it has a strange finish on the reciever almost like a rough stainless if i go get the numbers im prob gonna buy it