In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Difference between Yugo SKS Grenade Launchers

black_adder2black_adder2 Member Posts: 163 ✭✭✭
edited October 2004 in Ask the Experts
Whats the difference? One has a smaller 'muzzle opening' for lack of a better term of the launcher and has ports near the muzzle-end, while the other is wider and lacks the extra ports.

Can anyone point me to any good info on the different grenade launcher styles?

Thanks,

Joe

Comments

• Options
    black_adder2black_adder2 Member Posts: 163 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Trying again to move this to the top of the list, it looks like the experts are stumped!
  • Options
    nmyersnmyers Member Posts: 16,880 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Never saw one with ports; that would defeat the purpose of a grenade launcher. Could you possibly have something designed to circumvent California restrictions?

Neal
  • Options
    TWalkerTWalker Member Posts: 2,372 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Mine is like that, has a row of holes drilled all around the end of the launcher. Plus,this one does NOT have the folding night sights, not front or rear. I've been wondering about that too.
  • Options
    cannibuscannibus Member Posts: 304 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    black adder, i have 3 yugo sks's...two without the ports, one with...from what i understand/was told awhile ago, different countires that were issued these rifles put their own variations into the rifles...some countries wanted them contracted for ports, others didnt...personally i would think that the one with ports would be more accurate due to the tighter muzzle, and the ability of excess gass to be realeased...try www.surplusrifle.com and post in the SKS forum...you will definately get the proper info there