In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

9 mm Largo size vs 9mm Parabellum (Lugar)?

tr foxtr fox Member Posts: 13,856
edited October 2004 in Ask the Experts
Does anyone know off the top of their head the dimensions of the 9 mm Largo case and bullet diameter, especially when compared to the 9 mm Lugar?
If so, thanks in advance.

Quote "Somehow government decided that the Constitutional Bill of Rights has become the Bill of "Suggested" Rights and are to be rationed to the citizens as the power elite sees fit"

Comments

• Options
    Tailgunner1954Tailgunner1954 Member Posts: 7,734 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    9mm Largo
    Rim .3850
    Base .3880
    Mouth .3800
    COL .9050
    OAL 1.280

9x19 (9mm Para)
    Rim .3940
    Base .3926
    Mouth .3800
    COL .7540
    OAL 1.1690

Whittemore
    Some guys like a mag full of lead, I still prefer one round to the head.
  • Options
    CawdorCawdor Member Posts: 55 ✭✭
    edited November -1
  • Options
    nam barneynam barney Member Posts: 143 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    If your quest is pertaining to reloads my book on cartridge conversions by George C. Nonte Jr. states "38 ACP cases will usually work OK unaltered. Use .355 bullets"
    I have done this in my 1921 Destroyer carbine with no problems.

Raymond Kreiger
  • Options
    tr foxtr fox Member Posts: 13,856
    edited November -1
    Thanks everybody. I was hoping that 9mm parabellum could be fired in a 9 mm Largo gun. Reason being that I have piles of 9mm plastic bullet with steel bb laying around and am trying to find a semi-auto pistol that will function with that ammo. My Marlin camp carbine 9mm loves the stuff. And at 3 cents per round (that includes shipping) I love it too. But i will admit it is not made for anything but short range which is ok at an indoor range, etc.

Quote "Somehow government decided that the Constitutional Bill of Rights has become the Bill of "Suggested" Rights and are to be rationed to the citizens as the power elite sees fit"