In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Trigger Job

jonesj8jonesj8 Member Posts: 248 ✭✭✭
edited November 2004 in Ask the Experts
Any one had any luck with a trigger job on a browning lever action? My tigger is heavy and creepy and I was wondering if it was possible to have a gunsmith get it better.

thanks

Comments

• Options
    edited November -1
    what is the best way to upgrade my trigger on a remington 700? do i buy a replacement or send this one out to get a "trigger job"? should this be the first step in upgrading the rifle's performance? or should i start somewhere else?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Is it worth the $70 to get the trigger done. The Models 92/96 Series pistols have a "factory" trigger pull of about 12 to 14 lbs. in the double action mode and 5 to 7 lbs. in single action. The Beretta gunsmiths will expertly polish and fit the critical parts and areas of the trigger mechanism providing you with a crisper and smoother trigger pull.

When completed, your double action pull will be approximately 8.5 to 9 lbs. and your single action about 3.5 to 4 lbs.

[?]

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    With Amsoil You Can't Go Wrong

http://www.onlinesynthetic.com
  • Options
    BigBarnBigBarn Member Posts: 361 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Absolutely can be made better with less weight lbs. of pull by any good gunsmith. And I must say, that is the best modification you can do to any box-stock gun to make it shoot better groups, right out of the box. Nothing like a 3lb. trigger pull, to get you on the paper, with a one inch group, with no other mods!

Good luck,

BigBarn[:o)]

"Respect the land, and it will respect you"
  • Options
    MIKE WISKEYMIKE WISKEY Member, Moderator Posts: 9,973 ******
    edited November -1
    I'VE DONE A FEW. IT'S POSSIBLE TO IMPROVE THE FACTORY PULL. JUST DON'T EXPECT A MATCH TRIGGER. YOU CAN ONLY DO SO MUCH WITH THESE.