In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Contender Man

fishermanbenfishermanben Member Posts: 15,370
edited November 2004 in Ask the Experts
I was reading the glock post about leading where you said that it was a big no-no to use cast bullets in a compensated model. Why?
I never have, but I wouldn't have been scared to.

Also, is it the same with other guns? I shoot cast bullets out of my compensated contender. Is that a problem?

Thank you,

Ben

"The real art of conversation is not only to say the right thing at the right time, but also to leave unsaid the wrong thing at the tempting moment."

Comments

• Options
    edited November -1
    On your Contenders w/ the hi-viz sights, did you have to buy the barrells w/ them? I can't see how a front Hi-viz sight could be added w/out some serious smithing.

Ben

President: Loyal Order of Teletubbies
    elefuns5038.gif
    Distinguished Kuwaiti Observer
    un_medal_ikom.jpg
  • Options
    Contender ManContender Man Member Posts: 2,110 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    You can get lead splatter from the ports. This would apply to any compensated/ported barrel.

9407288-Ti.jpg

If you only have time to do two things so-so, or one thing well ... do the one thing!
  • Options
    edited November -1
    What are the risks of lead splatter?

"The real art of conversation is not only to say the right thing at the right time, but also to leave unsaid the wrong thing at the tempting moment."
  • Options
    1KYDSTR1KYDSTR Member Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The guy at the bench/spot next to you catching a wicked hot sliver of lead in the eye!

"When I cease learning...I'm dead"(Me)
    "Power corrupts...Absolute power corrupts absolutely"(Descartes?)
    "History is written by winners"(Patton)
    "You get a lot farther with a kind word and a gun than you do with a kind word alone!"(Al Capone)
    "There is nothing lower than the human race...except the French" (Samuel Clemens)
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by 1KYDSTR
    The guy at the bench/spot next to you catching a wicked hot sliver of lead in the eye!

so nothing life threatening? Awesome.

Thanks,

Ben

• Options
    Contender ManContender Man Member Posts: 2,110 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Ben - "Life threatening"? - In the example given ... the person at the bench next to you also has a gun ... how well can they control their temper[;)]

Seriously, it's a safety hazard and cleaning that crap out of the ports is a bigger pain the the "patoot" then getting it out of the barrel.[:(]

9407288-Ti.jpg

If you only have time to do two things so-so, or one thing well ... do the one thing!
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Thanks for the advice CM. Your knowledge is always helpful.

Ben