In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Rings for a Handi Rifle

BigEdBigEd Member Posts: 48 ✭✭
edited October 2004 in Ask the Experts
I recently ordered a NEF Handi-Rifle and was wondering if anyone could recommend the height of rings needed for a scope. Thanks.

Comments

• Options
    ruger891022ruger891022 Member Posts: 123 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    hello,

I have a tracker II plus (ultra slug hunter), i think all of the nef guns will have about the same clearance for the hammer, i use leopold high rifleman rings, im not sure if medium would work or not, i have about 3/8 hammer clearance from the scope that i am using, they are about $17.00.
  • Options
    alaskanmanalaskanman Member Posts: 362 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    the weaver high rings will work fine.

www.alaskancampfire.com
  • Options
    FrogdogFrogdog Member Posts: 2,785 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by ruger891022
    , i use leopold high rifleman rings, im not sure if medium would work or not,

Get the Leopold "High" Ones. The mediums are just barely too low and your scope won't clear the hammer. Check Wal-mart. A couple weeks ago I picked up an assortment of Leopold Rings on clearance......for $00.99 per pack. What a deal!!!! Good luck. Handi-rifles are great!!
  • Options
    BigEdBigEd Member Posts: 48 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Thanks to all who responded. Midway's master catalog suggests using "extra high" rings but the thought of having extra high made me think my Handi-Rifle would be.......unhandy. Your experience is appreciated and will be applied.
  • Options
    richbugrichbug Member Posts: 3,650
    edited November -1
    Mediums will work, but you may have to move the scope back unpleasantly close to your eye to allow the hammer to clear the eyepiece.

My border collie is smarter than your honor student.