In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Mosin stripper clips

KenthetoolmanKenthetoolman Member Posts: 839 ✭✭✭✭
edited March 2013 in Ask the Experts
I had heard that because of the rimmed cartridge there were issues using the stripper clips for a Mosin Nagant. I was curious so I picked up a few to try with mine and sure enough if I don't have them stacked in there just right the lower winds up infront of the top and cannot feed. Is there a trick to this I am missing because I cannot picture all those soldiers trying to make sure the round are in proper alignment and that you don't stick the stripper in upside down while under fire.

Comments

• Options
    charliemeyer007charliemeyer007 Member Posts: 6,579 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    When properly loaded the Winchester 1895 in 405 Win was big medicine for lions Teddy R.

Now you understand why they went to rimless cartridges for war.
  • Options
    iceracerxiceracerx Member Posts: 8,860 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    If the 'Interrupter/Ejector' is working properly, loading the clip in any fashion will work; 1,3,5 behind, 2,4 forward, for example.

The trick is to push the 4th (2nd from top) cartridge past the interrupter. Sometimes this takes a bit of effort.

The interrupter holds the cartridges, in the magazine, away from the top cartridge being loaded.

If this isn't the case w/ your rifle, the interrupter needs to be fixed.