In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Woodsmaster 742

bjnewboldbjnewbold Member Posts: 3 ✭✭
edited March 2013 in Ask the Experts
I have serial number 1720, Woodsmaster 742, 30/.06. I called Remington and confirmed it. Barrel inscription has A G K on it, March of 1960. Rifle is in excellent condition. Is this only worth 300-400, or since it is the 720th one made, is it worth more (maybe collectors type item)?

Thanks!!

Comments

• Options
    perry shooterperry shooter Member Posts: 17,390
    edited November -1
    I don't know any-one that collects model 742. YMMV
  • Options
    bjnewboldbjnewbold Member Posts: 3 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Thank you. Didn't think so. I just didn't know if the 50,000 made 742 selling for $275, is what the 720th made 742 would sell for as well.
  • Options
    rufe-snowrufe-snow Member Posts: 18,650 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Original factory condition/cosmetics would be a big factor to a Remington collector, over and above the low serial number.

If you have a well used deer rifle, that's been hunted with for 50+ years? Even with a low SN, wouldn't have the value of a NIB safe queen to a Remington collector.

I've found over the years that demand/value for guns that don't generate a lot of collector interest, is based allot on their factory original condition and cosmetics.