In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

26 mm rings

jptatumjptatum Member Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited March 2013 in Ask the Experts
I recenly acquired a Nikko rifle scope, 4X, that rquires 26 mm rings. They are hard to find. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Thanks

Comments

• Options
    tsr1965tsr1965 Member Posts: 8,682 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Yes, here is one that might seem off color, but will save you a lot of time, and money. Sell that Nikko, and get yourself a Burris. That way it will not have buzzardized rings, and will be a better scope.

Best
  • Options
    AmbroseAmbrose Member Posts: 3,164 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    26 mm rings are available; just keep looking. I have bought some on the auction side.
  • Options
    bambambambambambam Member Posts: 4,814 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Sounds to me like a rounding problem.

1"=25.4mm

26mm= 1.024"

I wonder if regular 1" rings will work?
  • Options
    cpermdcpermd Member Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by bambambam
    Sounds to me like a rounding problem.

1"=25.4mm

26mm= 1.024"

I wonder if regular 1" rings will work?

No, they do not
  • Options
    perry shooterperry shooter Member Posts: 17,390
    edited November -1
    Brownells
    EDIT

Burris sells rings that have inserts that allow you to change slightly for misaligned rings I think these same rigs have inserts for fitting 26 MM scopes
  • Options
    Ray BRay B Member Posts: 11,822
    edited November -1
    If the rings are two piece with the split either horizontal or vertical, the edge of a 1" ring cuts into the scope, which is to say, they won't work; however, if you have a brake cylinder polishing stone you can put it on a drill, assemble the 1" ring, then polish out the .012" (1/2 on each side).
  • Options
    jptatumjptatum Member Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Brownells does not have the rings but they do sell an insert for 30 mm rings.