In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Win 52

H-D DukeH-D Duke Member Posts: 48 ✭✭
edited March 2013 in Ask the Experts
Hi have win 52 would like to know what model i have and year manufactured. serial number 3434. marked model 52 22 long r has finger groove stock checkered wrist and fore stock topped with j.unertl scope.

no
Thank s Tim

Comments

• Options
    H-D DukeH-D Duke Member Posts: 48 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Do Winchester make Model 52 falling block single shot?
  • Options
    perry shooterperry shooter Member Posts: 17,390
    edited November -1
    The Wichester Model 52 is a bolt action Type pre A -D is a repeater type E is a bolt action single shot Stevens did make more the two single shots the falling blocks were the 44 and 44&1/2 but they made fancy models on both of these action types including some called a model 52.
  • Options
    MPMP Member Posts: 265 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    At one time you could buy Winchester 52 barrels and I have seen them on many different single-shot actions. Yesterday I looked at a Winchester high-wall (1885) single shot that had a 52 barrel on it.
  • Options
    Hawk CarseHawk Carse Member Posts: 4,369 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I saw a Stevens with a Remington barrel on another board recently.
    Back in the day people learned to make do with what was available. And gunsmiths worked cheap, relative to what you got.
  • Options
    Ray BRay B Member Posts: 11,822
    edited November -1
    When the M52 was introduced one of the selling points was that it used the same barrel as the M1885.
  • Options
    Bert H.Bert H. Member Posts: 11,279 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Ray B
    When the M52 was introduced one of the selling points was that it used the same barrel as the M1885.

That is correct... more specifically, it used the same barrel that was used for the .22 caliber Winder Muskets.
  • Options
    Bert H.Bert H. Member Posts: 11,279 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by H-D Duke
    Do Winchester make Model 52 falling block single shot?

No, they did not. The falling block action was only used on the Model 1885 Single Shot rifles.