In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Remington Sportsman/model 11 pictures

frdknp2frdknp2 Member Posts: 3 ✭✭
edited March 2013 in Ask the Experts
Where can I find good pictures of the Sportsman/model 11 shotgun in the various grades - a, b, c, d, e, f ???? I have a 16 gauge, Skeet, Tournament Grade D that I have questions about.

The barrel is stamped on the bolt side "REP". R is for November. Remington Online Support indicates that the gun was made in 1934?? Is this correct??

Comments

• Options
    asphalt cowboyasphalt cowboy Member Posts: 8,904 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    For images I would search all of the auction sites.

The date code is located on the Left side of the barrel just in front of the barrel extension.

As for your questions, go ahead and throw them out here we may have answers for at least some of them.
  • Options
    HerschelHerschel Member Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The Remington Model 11 was a 5 shot gun.

The 3 shot model was simply called a Sportsman. It was not called a Model 11 Sportsman. This information is from the 1942 Stoeger Shooter's Bible and from the Jan. 2, 1942 Remington catalog.

The 1942 Remington Catalog does not mention the D, E and F grades but they are mentioned in the 1942 Shooter's Bible. Neither pictures the difference in engraving that would be on the higher grades.

The Second Edition of the Gun Digest, copyright date 1946, mentions Special, Tournament, Expert and Premier Grades but says they were not yet in production.

The Fourth Edition, 1948, of the Gun Digest pictures a Tournament Grade Sportsman. I could scan and email you a copy of the page with the Tournament Grade Sportsman but it a small image and I don't know if it would be clear enough to be useful. If you want me to try send me your email address.
  • Options
    frdknp2frdknp2 Member Posts: 3 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Is anyone interested in figuring out the barrel stampings on a 1948 Remington shotgun barrel? Herschel has me squared away on the date but I was wondering what the other markings mean. If I have an email address I can send a high res photo of the barrel.