In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

trueggertruegger Member Posts: 12 ✭✭
edited March 2013 in Ask the Experts
Many thanks to those who responded to my last post regarding my Browning A5 that wouldn't eject shells after firing. I shot three rounds of trap with it today and the action functioned perfectly on every shot. The trick was cleaning the magazine tube with solvent and then lubricating the tube and bronze friction ring with fresh oil. Thanks again to those who responded.

Tony

Comments

• Options
    260260 Member Posts: 1,134
    edited November -1
    you are very much welcome my friend... HAPPY EASTER
  • Options
    GrasshopperGrasshopper Member Posts: 16,742 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I love happy endings-[:)]
  • Options
    Bill JordanBill Jordan Member Posts: 1,402 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    So; How did you shoot?
  • Options
    slumlord44slumlord44 Member Posts: 3,702 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    That is one of the few maintenance issues with these guns. One other thing I do periodicley is to remove the barrel, hold the gun with the stock up and the action down, and spray it out with your favorite spray gun cleaner. Brake cleaner also works but whatever you be very careful to not get any on the wood. It tends to destroy the finish. When it drys spray in your favorite gun lube. CLP works well. Re put the barrel back on after cleaning an lubing the magazine tube and you are good to go. DO NOT take it apart or try to take it apart any further. They are not made for the amaturer to tinker with.
  • Options
    asphalt cowboyasphalt cowboy Member Posts: 8,904 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by mm8nambu
    I love happy endings-[:)]

+1

Though a somewhat complicated design, they were made to outlast several generations of shooters.