In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Instructions for Winchester Versalite Choke Wrench

Fairlane66Fairlane66 Member Posts: 336 ✭✭
edited April 2013 in Ask the Experts
Did Winchester produce instructions for using the factory supplied choke wrench to install/remove Winchester Model 59 shotgun Versalite choke tubes? If so, does anyone know where to find originals or reproductions? If not, can someone explain how the thing works? I'm mechanically inclined, but it's not intuitively obvious just looking at the thing. Moreover, I have a mint Model 59 with the box and factory paperwork, but it didn't come with any choke or wrench instructions. I'm not sure if that particular paperwork is missing or was never there to start with.

Oh, and one other thing. Does anyone know if Winchester produced a "Winchester" logo wallet to hold the Versalite chokes? I've seen some references to such a wallet on line, but have never personally come across one. If they exist, I'd love to have one for my Model 59 collection.

Comments

• Options
    tamarackcovetamarackcove Member Posts: 30 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Fairlane66,

The narrow part of the wrench slips in between the slots on the choke tube. You just unscrew it from the barrel. When I bought my model 59, the Modified choke tube was frozen in it. It took some soaking in brake cleaner to loosen it up, and then it came out real s-l-o-w!

I cleaned up the threads real good with a fine wire brush and all was good. I bought my wrench and a Full and Imp.Cyl. Tube from Numrich Arms, but that was 20 years ago.

This is my favorite upland gun...real light for a 70 year "Young" man!

I use an eyeglass case for my choke tubes and wrench. Send me your email, and I'll send you a picture of my set-[:)]
    Art