In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Is a buckmark silhouette an accurate / reliable 22

altecgbaltecgb Member Posts: 165 ✭✭✭
edited April 2013 in Ask the Experts
Local shop just got one of these. Would be about $450 after all is said and done. Are they reliable and accurate?

Comments

• Options
    tsr1965tsr1965 Member Posts: 8,682 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    They are basically a Buckmark Varmint, with sights and a forarm...well some don't have the forearm, but all silhouette's have sights. That said, I have a varmint, with a 2-7x scope, and off sandbags, I can draw you a smiley face on a 1 inch sticker dot, using the federal bulk box of 550 copper plated HP's. so yes, it is accurate, and like any other 22 semi-auto, is reliable, as long as it is kept halfway decently clean. 22LR's are one of the dirtiest, if not the dirtiest round going. The auto, lets you shoot lots of them, and the gun will get dirty quicker than one would think.

Best
  • Options
    rufe-snowrufe-snow Member Posts: 18,650 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    It really hard to tell with all the gun & ammo crazyness going on now? But offhand I would say it would have been too much for a used Buckmark prior to 11/12.

I bought one of the long barrels off Browning and installed it in my standard model Buckmark years back. I don't know if Browning still sells the barrels separately though?

Whatever you decide to do? Shouldn't have a concerns about reliably or accuracy, in my personal experience. Their outstanding in both respects.

I wound up taking the long barrel off my Buckmark and putting the standard barrel back on. It through the balance off completely, even holding it with two hands. Varmint hunting with a bipod would be it's only practical use, IMHO.
  • Options
    perry shooterperry shooter Member Posts: 17,390
    edited November -1
    IMHO a pistol should be something that you can hold up and shoot with ONE hand. yes it is nice under some conditions to be able to use both hands but in Ransom rest testing I have found a long heavy barrel does not shot more accurate then a 5 or 6 inch barrel.
  • Options
    altecgbaltecgb Member Posts: 165 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Thanks for the feedback. May see if i can negotiate it a bit.
  • Options
    beantownshootahbeantownshootah Member Posts: 12,776 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by altecgb
    Are they reliable and accurate?

Yes to both.