In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Taurus mag problem

granny_knotgranny_knot Member Posts: 27 ✭✭
edited January 2002 in Ask the Experts
My Taurus 908 won't feed hollowpoints from a full mag. Up to 5 rounds in the mag is ok. After 5, the top round seems to cause the others to tip down, leaving it unsupported forward of the case mouth. The result is that as the slide is released, the bullet nose dives, and jams in between the frame and barrel feed ramp. I have 3 mags, all the same. I guess I could send it back to Taurus, but I'd rather not wait the 1 month+ to get it back. Any advice? Thanks to all. Bob

Comments

• Options
    cliffdropover1cliffdropover1 Member Posts: 136 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Some guns just don't like hollowpoints. Call Taurus in Florida and they can help you.
  • Options
    kaboomkaboom Member Posts: 75 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Call Taurus customer service. But be advised that they will ask if you have used reloads in the gun. A man I know called them on a .357 revolver that would bind the cylinder after 2 or 3 shots were fired. They told him the warranty was void if he had used reloads in it. But the guy he talked to did give him some advice on how to fix it. I don't know how they could prove whether or not you used reloads, so let your conscience be your guide. Personally speaking, I wouldn't lie about it myself.This took place several years ago, so they may have changed their policy when the lifetime warranty thing came out. Anyway, it can't hurt to call and see.
  • Options
    k.stanonikk.stanonik Member Posts: 2,109 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    taurus customer service has improved, i sent a mod 85 to them and did not have a problem.
  • Options
    just-shootjust-shoot Member Posts: 233
    edited November -1
    What brand of ammo are you using? My PT92 shoot Winchester with no problem. A buddy of mine had the same problem, but I believe he had an older Taures. I would try different ammo.