In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Bought PARA SKS! How did I do?

GreenLanternGreenLantern Member Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭
edited January 2002 in Ask the Experts
Pickup a Norinco paratrooper SKS yesterday. I'd say it's about 90-95%. A couple of scrapes on the stock. One minor one on receiver. Came with box, blade bayonet, cleaning kit, and green plastic oil container with a star on it. Imported by K-Sports of Pomona, CA. The receiver cover does have a few marks on it. Appears as though there was a very faint attempt to stamp the number on it. Interestingly, I compared it with my regular Norinco and noticed there were no numbers stamped on the stock, receiver cover (except as mentioned above), hinged magazine cover, or bolt carrier.Paid $170. Good? Bad? Average?

Comments

• Options
    pjpjrpjpjr Member Posts: 125 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Does paratrooper mean folding stock? I think for what you paid Great Deal!
  • Options
    Matt45Matt45 Member Posts: 3,185
    edited November -1
    Does it have removeable (AK) mags?? Folding stock? In any combination from what you described you either did well or awesome! Definetly not a loser of a deal!
    Reserving my Right to Arm Bears!!!!
  • Options
    edited November -1
    No folding stock. No removable mag. Only thing different from a normal SKS is the barrel length. And from what I thought I'd read about the paratrooper models is that that was really the only difference. Maybe someone will post more info on it.
  • Options
    tiggercat99tiggercat99 Member Posts: 1 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    The SKS paratrooper was a factory cut down rifle. Never used for combat, made only for export to the US. The only difference was the barrel length. The price for yours was good, considering what regular SKS's have been going for.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Yeah, I was pretty sure when I bought it that there was no true 'paratrooper' model. Never had seen any mention of one in my books on Small Arms. Did a little more research after I bought it and verified that. In fact, from what I learned some of the quote 'paratrooper' models even had detachable mags. Basically someone converted them at some point.
  • Options
    kaboomkaboom Member Posts: 75 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    You got a very good deal. I have a Para SKS I bought new just before Clinton stopped importation of them. I wouldn't even consider selling it for what you paid.