In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Too many guns??

WolfatthedoorWolfatthedoor Member Posts: 5 ✭✭
edited January 2002 in Ask the Experts
Is the a restriction on the amont of firearms you can purchase in a month before the ATF come gun'in for ya??Or am I just confused??ThanksWolf
Those who would acrifice liberty for temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor saftey.....

Comments

• Options
    idsman75idsman75 Member Posts: 13,398 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I'm guessing this thread will be locked very soon. I'm not aware of any restrictions but a call to your local ATF office with a more "politically correct" wording of your question might yield results.
  • Options
    JudgeColtJudgeColt Member Posts: 1,790 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Why would this thread be locked? Nothing illegal will be discussed.There are several factors to consider. First, any firearm bought from a private individual will not go through the NICS system so even if the system is monitored to track individuals (which it is not supposed to be), nothing will come to the attention of the Feds.If you live in a state with carry permits or "permits to buy," even your purchases through an FFL will not go through the NICS system so no record will reach the Feds. The only exception to that is that purchasing more than one handgun from one FFL dealer in five business day will require the FFL dealer to report the "multiple sale" to the Feds.If you have no carry or purchase permit and buy from FFLs, each purchase will go through NICS, but all records are supposed to be destroyed within a certain period (what is it now, one day?). At the federal level, it is not illegal to buy as many guns as you want as often as you want, as long as it is not done illegally in some way.Now if you are paranoid, you will feel that someone is watching you if you buy guns by the bunch, but it is not illegal so who cares?
  • Options
    WolfatthedoorWolfatthedoor Member Posts: 5 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    JudgeColt, Thanks for the info.No, its nothing illegal.I'm just finding a few guns (for hunting and plinking) that I just "gotta" have.And I thought I heard that too many guns in a short time would raise a red flag to the feds. The gun auctions are addicting!!!!!You just can't have enough....LOL!I'm "into" the older style pieces, like 1895 Winchesters, 1897 Win. Shotguns.....etc..I was just alittle concerned....I just did not want somebody busting down my door at 2:00 in the morning for no reason....Thanks again for the reply......
    Those who would acrifice liberty for temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor saftey.....
  • Options
    tsavo303tsavo303 Member Posts: 8,900 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    yea there are now federal restrictions, but every time you buy 2+ handguns, your dealer faxes your info to the ATF. And I have a good customer (who owns 100's of guns)who got a visit from the ATF. He politly told them to go away, until they get a warrant. they did, but don't believe they don't keep track
  • Options
    tsavo303tsavo303 Member Posts: 8,900 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    yea there are no federal restrictions, but every time you buy 2+ handguns, your dealer faxes your info to the ATF. And I have a good customer (who owns 100's of guns)who got a visit from the ATF. He politly told them to go away, until they get a warrant. they did, but don't believe they don't keep track
  • Options
    jetjet Member Posts: 543 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Remember: In this contry you are treated as if you are guilty until you prove your not.You don't think so?Then why do they trash your place when they get a seach warrent?In washington they will also confinscate all of your guns, money, gold... (just in case you're a drug dealer)Then you have to prove they are yours.(possetion is not enough)Your best bet is to not attract attention.