In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Norma Brass

Sir MartinSir Martin Member Posts: 377 ✭✭✭
edited November 2004 in Ask the Experts
I first didnt believe it when i saw it... 13 bucks for 20 rounds of unprimmed brass from norma, why is it so expensive!? here is a link

http://www.midwayusa.com/rewriteaproduct/669001

p.s., i mean i understand that its class A stuff, but still...

Comments

• Sir MartinSir Martin Member Posts: 377 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I also hear that Lapau and Norma Ammunition are some of the best, is it worth buying or using there components?
  • ContacFrontContacFront Member Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Sir Martin,

Yes Norma and Lapua brass is every expensive but VERY consistant in size and weight. This is what I meant by going to the moon with it comes to reloading. Lapua and Norma is probably the best brass you can get next to custom brass.

For what you will be doing get once fired Federal Gold Match brass. You can get 1000 for 100.00. Or Lake City military brass, 500 for like 30.00. I use Lake City for my plinking rounds.

Lapua and Norma, that is when you want to shoot the tightest groups possible. Expensive, but will pay off down range.
  • Iroquois ScoutIroquois Scout Member Posts: 930 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I agree, Norma brass is worth every cent that you pay for it. I use it for a number of different calibers.
  • FrancFFrancF Member Posts: 35,278 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Just bought more Lapua 308 win $38 for 100 brass

http://www.midwayusa.com/rewriteaproduct/187523

If ya got it $$ go for the bulk .32 cents a round

http://www.midwayusa.com/rewriteaproduct/175002

NRA Life Endowment Member
  • JustCJustC Member Posts: 16,056 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I'll take Lapua first,..then Norma. Norma is softer,..so high pressure rounds crap out the primer pockets faster,..but all in all you can't go wrong with either brand. I use Norma for my 280AI because Lapua doesn't make 280 headstamped brass.

The euro manufactured cases are much more concentric. Their wall thickness variances are low, which obviously yields lower runout numbers and less neck turning as well. Their primer pockets AND flash holes are DRILLED,..where as other brands flash holes are punched,..leaving a burr on the inside at-or-around some or all of the flash hole making the powder column ignite inconsistently from round to round. Therefore,...that is one step of prep you can eliminate with the Norma and Lapua as well as RWS if you can find any in your choice of caliber.

Anything I own not made on an assembly line gets Lapua or Norma as long as they make the caliber I need. After prepping it and shooting it against other brass,..you will quickly forget the price tag,...one of loadings simple pleasures.[;)]

why chase the game when the bullet can get em from here?....
    Got Balistics?
  • 01DUSE01DUSE Member Posts: 120 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The last time I bought 308 Norma Mag brass, it cost me about $125 Canadian bucks....and that was about 6 years ago. Since then I've just been converting 300WinMag brass. I don't own a 300WinMag so there is no chance of a mix-up. Works quite well, too.

Men, like bullets, go farthest when they are smoothest.