In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

lefty

mskinner20531mskinner20531 Member Posts: 3 ✭✭
edited April 2009 in Ask the Experts
Ok, I was talking with my uncle today about him buying a new pistol. He wanted one, but he had a major problem. He is right handed but his trigger finger can't bend (due to cutting a tendon on glass). He uses his middle finger to shoot rifles, but the slide and/or ejected round tends to burn his permanently straight finger. Long story short, does anyone make a pistol that ejects spent rounds out the left side?

Comments

• Options
    perry shooterperry shooter Member Posts: 17,390
    edited November -1
    There was a 1911 clone that was I think called the PORT-SIDER
  • Options
    mark christianmark christian Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 24,456 ******
    edited November -1
    One of my very favorite handguns, the Walther P5, ejects to the left. The typical P5 caiber is 9mm.
    [img][/img]WaltherP5.jpg
  • Options
    Laredo LeftyLaredo Lefty Member Posts: 13,451 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have a Randall left hand 1911, it ejects to the left but the controls are for a lefty, and they are hard to find.

Mark.... Glad to see your back.

[img][/img]IMG_0049.jpg
  • Options
    drobsdrobs Member Posts: 22,533 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    How about buying him a nice set of shooting gloves?
    Get something with nomex in it...
    http://www.lapolicegear.com/blhefucowgl1.html
  • Options
    rsnyder55rsnyder55 Member Posts: 2,526 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have both the P5 and Left handed Randall. The Randall requires a left handed magazine and those are few and far between. P5 magazines are available though can be pricey.

Another advantage of the P5 is there are no external safeties or controls except for the panel which acts as a hammer drop and can be manipulated with the thumb.
  • Options
    mark christianmark christian Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 24,456 ******
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by rsnyder55

Another advantage of the P5 is there are no external safeties or controls except for the panel which acts as a hammer drop and can be manipulated with the thumb.

A very good point. I am a right handed shooter so the P5's LH ejection is simply a novelty for me.

mskiner, I forgot to mention that the magazine release on the P5 is at the heel of the grip so it serves both right handed and south paws equally well.
  • Options
    capnrmcapnrm Member Posts: 43 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hello,

I am a Lefty as well, just last week I saw an auto in 40 cal. lefty on the auction.Just go to Smart search in the pistols and type in Left handed if there's one there it will show up.It was cheap.

cappy
  • Options
    capnrmcapnrm Member Posts: 43 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Randall that's the one !
  • Options
    select-fireselect-fire Member Posts: 69,453 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I recall seeing a revolver on GB that the cylinder opened from the right side. Can't recall the make. I have a new FNP that the mag latch is reversable for southpaws.
  • Options
    mskinner20531mskinner20531 Member Posts: 3 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Well he's not left handed. Although his trigger finger is unusable he fires with his middle finger. Are there any other pistols like the P5? That one seems to be winning the race right now.