In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

1939 M1 GARAND value?

mt5425mt5425 Member Posts: 7 ✭✭
edited April 2013 in Ask the Experts
Just wondering what my Springfield M1 in the ser #8400's would be valued at. It's in great original shape and I've fired it several times at the range.

Comments

• Options
    gary wraygary wray Member Posts: 4,663
    edited November -1
    mt5425...welcome to the GB ATE Forum. Can't tell you much without photos...kinda like "I have a 1965 Mustang in great shape...what is it worth?" It is worth something but without looking at it, can't really tell you much. Will tell you that finding a Garand in "original" shape is really hard as most were either beat up in combat, sold to third world countries and beat up, or sent back through the arsenal for reconditioning. But without photos, hard to tell.
  • Options
    MIKE WISKEYMIKE WISKEY Member, Moderator Posts: 9,972 ******
    edited November -1
    it all depends on originality, pix's would help. Mark C. should be all over this.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I'll get some posted asap. Soon as I figure out how on here!
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Got 4 pics. Anyone know how I put them up on here?? I'm NOT a computer guru and don't have a clue. :( Am I missing an upload button somewhere on the site?
  • Options
    nmyersnmyers Member Posts: 16,880 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Sorry, no magic button. You will have to move them to a photo posting website first:

http://forums.GunBroker.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=259294

Neal

EDIT: Sigh. OK, just this once. Send me an email.

EDIT2 OP's pics:
    Mike4_zps7d7992d1.jpg
    Mike3_zps03b418f4.jpg
    Mike2_zps2dc46595.jpg

It appears to have been rebuilt & is an import. Condition of the bore would be nice to know, but likely value is $500-600.
  • Options
    US Military GuyUS Military Guy Member Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by mt5425
    Got 4 pics. Anyone know how I put them up on here?? I'm NOT a computer guru and don't have a clue. :( Am I missing an upload button somewhere on the site?

http://forums.GunBroker.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=259294
  • Options
    edited November -1
    UG...anyone up for accepting them in an email and posting here till I set the pics up? I'm verified and small time FFL dealer on here if that helps. Gonna wait till my kid shows up to do it! LOL Just got this new HP comp with windows 8, and it's a freakin pain!!
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Emailed you via the site email nmyers
  • Options
    Joes Custom GunsJoes Custom Guns Member Posts: 1,671 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    When You find out how to use photo bucket and post pictures, Then
    Share wit Me.

quote:Originally posted by mt5425
    UG...anyone up for accepting them in an email and posting here till I set the pics up? I'm verified and small time FFL dealer on here if that helps. Gonna wait till my kid shows up to do it! LOL Just got this new HP comp with windows 8, and it's a freakin pain!!
  • Options
    CDMeadCDMead Member Posts: 2,141 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Your Garand has been rebuilt from its original configuration at least one post World War II.

The original gas system would have been referred to as "gas trap" by collectors. Yours has the later "gas port" type system.

The barrel is a post war Springfield Armory replacement.

The bolt is post war. The marking "6537" would not have been applied at the factory.

The sights are of the post war pattern.

The stock has the Defense Accpetance Stamp (DAS) that appears to be from the Springfield Armory (1/2 inch). This is a post war stock.

The NM marked operating rod is definitely post war, probably in the 1960 or so timeframe.

Depending upon the bore, you have IMHO a $500 to $1000 rifle. The low serial number may help with desireability in some circles.

BTW - this topic will probably be locked after this post, that's the way the system works here. If you want to continue the discussion, I would suggest you open a new topic referring to this one.

BTW BTW - Nice Chevy!

Good luck,

Charlie