In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Manurhin PPK/S D.O.M.?

AnonymouseAnonymouse Member Posts: 4,050
edited April 2013 in Ask the Experts
Anyone know where to get a date of manufacture for a Manurhin PPK/S .380?
thanks

Comments

• Options
    rufe-snowrufe-snow Member Posts: 18,650 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Dieter Marschall's book on Walthers gives a general date range for Manurhin made PPK's. Not specifically broken down by DOM though.

There is a online forum for Walther pistols, probably find it by GOOGLEing. You might luck out and find one of the members that has specific DOM information for the Manurhin's.

Although Manurhin's were made in France, at least some of them were assembled in Germany. If it does have German proofs one will be a coded date. They have used a alpha code for the proofs dating to at least the mid 70's. Prior to that I believe they used a two digit date, next to the Ulm antler proof house mark.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Would you happen to know the general date range?

I just traded some 9mm HP for the PPK/S and am curious about the general age of it. It is in very good shape, with just a little bit of wear around the muzzle.

I do not see any type of German proofs on it. The slide and frame is marked "Made in France"

thanks
  • Options
    rufe-snowrufe-snow Member Posts: 18,650 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by m1aguy
    Would you happen to know the general date range?

I just traded some 9mm HP for the PPK/S and am curious about the general age of it. It is in very good shape, with just a little bit of wear around the muzzle.

I do not see any type of German proofs on it. The slide and frame is marked "Made in France"

thanks

From 1968 to 1985, according to Marschall.
  • Options
    nmyersnmyers Member Posts: 16,880 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have never seen a Manurhin PPK/S. It would be helpful if you could post photos of the gun & box.

Neal

EDIT: Thanks for the pics. Interarms imported the Walther guns for many years, but I have never seen a post-1968 Manurhin with import markings. The guns they made for Walther had a 2-digit year stamped on the barrel, but it doesn't look like that was done for those made with their name. I suspect that there aren't many. You have a real gem.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by nmyers
    I have never seen a Manurhin PPK/S. It would be helpful if you could post photos of the gun & box.

Neal

Here are some pictures. The barrel hood has a small crown stamp and ST. ETIENNE stamped into it. The magazine is also marked Manurhin. There was no box with it. Thanks

ppkright.jpg

ppkleftfront.jpg

ppkleft.jpg
  • Options
    TxsTxs Member Posts: 18,801
    edited November -1
    Manhurin PPK's were imported by Interarms up until the last year or two they were produced and these guns displayed their required marking.

Right at the end Manhurin started bringing these pistols into the US themselves, so with your's marked as being imported by Manhurin International it probably dates from '84-'85.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Thanks for all the info.