In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

STG-44 .22LR

CameroonCameroon Member Posts: 702 ✭✭✭✭
edited April 2013 in Ask the Experts
There's an article in the Summer/Fall edition of Surplus Firearms
magazine talking about the STG-44 in 22LR. Is anyone here familiar
with this weapon?

Comments

• Options
    FatstratFatstrat Member Posts: 9,147
    edited November -1
    Never owned, handled or fired one. But have read several user reviews. Overall people like them. But one thing that stuck w/me was a comment about it being a pretty complicated design with alot of small parts. Difficult to disassemble/reassemble. And being foreign made, what if it gets banned from import or discontinued? And then yours breaks and you can't get parts? Nice wall hanger.
  • Options
    rufe-snowrufe-snow Member Posts: 18,650 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    It's one of the Zinc diecast/potmetal replicas, made by GSG. A German company specializing in this type of manufacturing. They have been most successful over the years with their H & K MP 5, and Colt 1911 A1 replicas, although they make other ones also.

I've seen a number at recent shows. They are very impressive, as cosmetically they really look like the real McCoy.

Long as you understand all your getting is a potmetal .22, thats going to cost you big bucks. That only good for scaring the crap out of your neighbors, and getting you raided by the local swat team. Go for it.

2ee2811b-ded0-4c51-a775-012d8d9992cf.jpg
  • Options
    brier-49brier-49 Member Posts: 7,037 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I bought one last year, so far it has worked great. The only drawback I find is that it only comes with 1 mag.
  • Options
    CameroonCameroon Member Posts: 702 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Thanks for the input.