In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

JUDGE

lvpattlvpatt Member Posts: 309 ✭✭✭
edited April 2013 in Ask the Experts
hi, i just acquired a judge regular size 3"" barrel, the cylinder measures 2.75 on the outside, stainless steel. and i think it may be an ultra light.
i don't have a scale. is it possible to tell by the model number? 4510
thanks.

pat

Comments

• Options
    rufe-snowrufe-snow Member Posts: 18,650 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Try pluging, "Taurus Model 4510", into GOOGLE.
  • Options
    duckhunterduckhunter Member Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Google "Taurus usa.com
  • Options
    beantownshootahbeantownshootah Member Posts: 12,776 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by lvpatt
    hi, i just acquired a judge regular size 3"" barrel, the cylinder measures 2.75 on the outside, stainless steel. and i think it may be an ultra light.
    i don't have a scale. is it possible to tell by the model number? 4510
    thanks.

pat
    Don't think so, almost ALL of the "Judge" guns are model 4510s. These come in all different configurations including alloy, polymer, etc.

Taurus may be able tell you from the SERIAL number if you called their customer service and asked, but that's a different question.

Still you can still probably tell without a scale (or a phone).

Bluntly your hand can probably tell the difference in weight between aluminum and steel. If you're lifing the gun up and thinking "this feels really light". . .you have your answer.

Assuming you have no sense of this, I think you've really only got four choices for frame: Carbon steel, stainless steel, aluminum alloy/ultralight, and polymer.

If your frame were stainless, you'd have said so. It probably isn't.
    If it were polymer, you'd have noticed.
    If its carbon steel a magnet will stick to it.

By process of elimination, if none of these first three things are true, you've got an alloy frame "ultralight" (and my guess is you probably do).
  • Options
    fordsixfordsix Member Posts: 8,722
    edited November -1
    it is either made of steel.SS steel.aluminum alloy,plastic