In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Kimber of Oregon Model 82

HuskydutchmanHuskydutchman Member Posts: 3 ✭✭
edited May 2013 in Ask the Experts
I recently purchased a Model 82 .22 lr manufactured by Kimber of Oregon. The barrel length is 18.5" and the length of pull is 13.5". The serial number is CUB4. It is in excellent condition. I can't find out anything about this configuration in my books or on the 'net. I can find the 18.5" barrel with a 12.5" length of pull, but not the 13.5", and the strange serial number is a mystery to me. Can anyone tell me what I have and/or what it's worth? Thanks!

Comments

• Options
    rufe-snowrufe-snow Member Posts: 18,650 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    It's been quite awhile since the Warne's have been in business. It was a low production semi customised operation, not like Winchester or Remington. If you had the money and wanted something within reason they would make it for you. I believe that is what your rifle is, i.e. special order for a guy who wanted a .22 BA carbine, but he had long arms. Bunch of the custom outfits made guns with special/personalized serial numbers. Long as you forked over the money you could have any serial number you wanted.
  • Options
    perry shooterperry shooter Member Posts: 17,390
    edited November -1
    I agree with Rufe Snow. Caspian sell 1911 Parts they will sell you a Frame with any serial you want a serial of CUB4 sounds like either a CUBS fan or a short barrel youth model with adult stock.What is it worth[?][?] items change hand ONLY if there is both a seller and a buyer. you may want to sell but first you need TWO people to want to buy this rifle because of it's configuration.I bought NIB Kimber 22 rim fire target rifles from CMP for $500.00
  • Options
    HuskydutchmanHuskydutchman Member Posts: 3 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    OK, thanks guys, not really looking to sell, just didn't want to take it out if it should rightly be a "Safe Queen". Thanks again!
  • Options
    eddiel4eddiel4 Member Posts: 1 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I may be able to add something here as I had one of these as well. Give me a call, Ed at 719-495-6560