In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Springfield XD45 info

bambambambambambam Member Posts: 4,814 ✭✭✭
edited May 2013 in Ask the Experts
I have a stranger wanting to do a partial trade for my gun. He had a Springfield XD45. I have a picture of the gun w/ serial number in plain view.

Is there a place to call or a Springfield link online, too check the gun out from the serial #?

Comments

• Options
    rufe-snowrufe-snow Member Posts: 18,650 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Last time I called customer service at SA, they were quite helpful. Try GOOGLEing to get their CS number.
  • Options
    beantownshootahbeantownshootah Member Posts: 12,776 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    What do you want to know, exactly?

I'm sure Springfield can check the serial number, and tell you the year of manufacture, configuration of the gun, and maybe even which distributor they originally shipped it out to, but do these things really help you?

You can tell the configuration just by looking at the gun.

Springfield will have no way of knowing who has owned the gun since they sold it out to the distributor, nor, obviously, can they tell you if its been maintained properly, misused, how much its been shot, etc.

The things you probably REALLY want to know (ie condition of gun, function, etc) you probably have to learn by actually examining it in person.
  • Options
    bambambambambambam Member Posts: 4,814 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    thanks gents[^]