In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Llama Ruby .22cal (copy of S & W hand ejector?)

seb1999seb1999 Member Posts: 343 ✭✭✭
edited May 2013 in Ask the Experts
I cannot find this revolver in the current Blue Book. The finish is flawless, turn line (ever so faint) does not show up in photos and the box is sn to the revolver although the paper hinge is torn and the manual is there.

Could someone help me with a valuation?

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

Comments

• Options
    rufe-snowrufe-snow Member Posts: 18,650 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The LLama revolvers sold with the Ruby name were imported and sold by Stoeger in the 50's/60's time frame. Never are commonly found because the price Stoger sold them at, was only marginally less then the basic Models of S & W & Colt of the same time frame.

Their Trade Name was later changed to Comanche. Which is probably the most found and commonly known of the Llama made revolvers.

NIB with manual would be very uncommonly found, the only draw-back being it's a LLama. Which aren't highly regarded or see much collector demand.
  • Options
    FatstratFatstrat Member Posts: 9,147
    edited November -1
    Oddball .22 is a niche market. There are those out there that would pay a fair amount for such a rare piece. Finding them would be issue. Along w/determining a selling price. In VG condition, in box, I'd likely list it at auction for $300. and see what happens.
  • Options
    MeandmymonkeeMeandmymonkee Member Posts: 1 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Did you ever list this gun? A Ruby .22 was the first gun I ever fired. Been kinda looking for one for nostalgic reasons
  • Options
    seb1999seb1999 Member Posts: 343 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Thanks for your interest. I have not decided to sell it but I am not a 'revolver guy' so I will let you know if I list it here.