In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Magazine question

neacpaneacpa Member Posts: 2,702 ✭✭✭
edited May 2013 in Ask the Experts
I had a friend who passed away in October of 2011. His widow recently called me and asked if I would come and get his firearms as she didn't want them around and she knew of two that he had that she could no longer find. She is suspicious of a handyman who had been working in her house.

One of them is a 7.62x25 pistol. At first I thought it was a Tokarov (sp?) but now I don't know. It looks identical to one, but I have yet to find a manufacturers name on it. On the top of the slide, it has a chinese marking on it. On the left rear side of the slide, it has a serial number followed by "1967".

The gun is in excellent condition but does not have a magazine. Other than finding someone locally (rural Arkansas) to help me, how can I tell exactly what this gun is and what magazine I need to find?

Any info very much appreciated.

Stan

Comments

• Options
    edited November -1
    Hey guys I have a couple of quick questions, I found 3 of the 14 round MecGar Sig 229 .40 S&W magazines. Before I buy them I just wanted to get a little input, are MecGar magazines pretty high quality? and just as reliable as the factory mags? I know there are good aftermarket magazine manufactures but there are also horrible ones like ProMag so I just wanted to check with you guys before I spend over $100 on these mags. As always I really appreciate any and all of your input and suggestions!
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Good Day Forum,
    Can someone tell me if M14 mags will work in an Armalite AR10?
    Thanks.
    John
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I have a Ruger P89dc in 9mm. Will P85 9mm mags work in this pistol?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    One of my stocking stuffers this year for Xmas was a 9 round mag for my m21a Beretta pistol. Tonight I finally got out to the range to test it out. First clip I had 2 feed problems (rounds never chambered and were at a 45 degree angle to the barrel). The last round always seemed to jam and from one to nine it was any random one. I don't have the heart to tell my father the thing is a piece of crap so I can't return it. When I compared it to the factory mag (7round) it seemed like the aftermarket's spring had alot less tension. Being a youngin and not knowing is it possible for me to cut back the spring and try to make this thing work or should I do what ever other "honest" person does and sell it on Ebay [:D]? Any help would appreciated. Thanks.
  • Options
    p3skykingp3skyking Member Posts: 25,750
    edited November -1
    Although China has a penchant for converting other pitols to the 7.62 round (including the 1911), my guess would be that in 1967, North China Industries (Norinco) was making Tokarevs.
    The mags can be found pretty easy if not cheap, but the best way to ID is to post a photo, or cruise the auction side looking for a match.

I can't spell worth a damn today.
  • Options
    charliemeyer007charliemeyer007 Member Posts: 6,579 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    google "7.62x25 tokarev china" nice pics to be found.
  • Options
    rufe-snowrufe-snow Member Posts: 18,650 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Here is a photo off the net of a Chinese military Tokarev. During the Viet Nam war years, they were a common souvenir brought back by the GI's. The ones without commercial import marking, if factory original, in Very Good or better condition. Have substantial collectors value. 67 is DOM, and 66 is the identification of the manufacturer.

As far as I know all Tokarev magazines will work and function in the Chinese Tokes. You shouldn't have a problem getting a replacement magazine.

chinese_type54_pistol.jpg