In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Trigger adjustment on a Rem. 40-XB

jx344jx344 Member Posts: 63 ✭✭
edited May 2013 in Ask the Experts
Does anyone know how to adjust the trigger on a Rem, 40-XB. Whats the lightest you can adjust the trigger to.

Comments

• perry shooterperry shooter Member Posts: 17,390
    edited November -1
    Remington states 2 OZ.
  • nononsensenononsense Member Posts: 10,928 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    jx344,

Hopefully you have some experience adjusting Remington triggers. If not you may want to let a gunsmith handle this for you.

Use this as a guideline:

http://team40x.com/articles/trigger.html

I have e-mailed another link for your pleasure.

Best.
  • MG1890MG1890 Member Posts: 4,649
    edited November -1
    A 40X can be ordered with 2 different triggers... the 40X "adjustable", or a 2 ounce. Which one do you have?
  • jx344jx344 Member Posts: 63 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    MG1890: The trigger I have has a screw in the upper center of the trigger which I think is an adjustment screw. I have the newer version of the 40-X, the 40-XB. I was wanting to lighten the trigger pull for benchrest shooting.
  • babunbabun Member Posts: 11,054 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by MG1890
    A 40X can be ordered with 2 different triggers... the 40X "adjustable", or a 2 ounce. Which one do you have?

+1
    If your trigger is NOT at 2 oz. right now then you have the adjustable trigger which can only go down to about 8 oz. lowest.
    edited November -1
    I back the adjusting screw off 1/4 of a turn and it lowered the pull down to about 8 to 10 ozs.Thats good enough for me.babun and MG1890 thanks for for your input.
  • CheechakoCheechako Member Posts: 563 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    There were a couple of variations of the 40X trigger over the years. None of them were very good IMHO. Get rid of the factory trigger and replace it with one of the good after-market triggers. Pay the price, cry once. Fiddle with the Remington trigger, cry a lot.
    edited November -1
    cheechako: I may just buy a better trigger. I haven't shot the gun yet. Its nearly new, and looks great. I'll probley get to try it out this weekend. Anyway thanks to everyone for their input. Reguards,