In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Pietta Single Action Revolvers

RCrosbyRCrosby Member Posts: 3,808 ✭✭✭
edited May 2013 in Ask the Experts
Anyone have experience with Pietta revolvers in general or the .22/.22 Mag. version specifically?
Cabela's is selling them for $350.00
The one I looked at was all blue steel, no alloy and appeared to be a 9 or 10 shot. Lock-up was bank vault solid, fit and finish seemed to nice and it had a well fitted one piece walnut grip. Action was reasonably smooth and trigger pull decent.
I love my Ruger Single Sixes but the thing that intrigued me about this revolver is that it looks and feels very close to the original S.A.A. in size and weight.

Comments

• Options
    charliemeyer007charliemeyer007 Member Posts: 6,579 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I think they are ok for money, some of the small parts/springs often need to be changed out/upgraded if you shoot them much.
  • Options
    RCrosbyRCrosby Member Posts: 3,808 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I wondered about that, Charlie. Any "common inventory" with the many SAA clones? Wondering if some of those problems,if seen in the centerfires, might not be as severe with the .22's?
  • Options
    charliemeyer007charliemeyer007 Member Posts: 6,579 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    It's been a while. A friend sold them (center fire) for fast draw/ cowboy action shooting. Bolt & spring and main spring are the ones I remember he replaced as soon as he got them in stock. I'm making a fully lined flapped holster that attaches with 2 Alice clips for buddy's Pietta. I reload his 45 Colt brass with my ACP dies and the correct shell holder. Lyman 452424.