In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

R.A. Litschert

cranky2cranky2 Member Posts: 3,236 ✭✭
edited May 2013 in Ask the Experts
I'm looking for information on a R.A. Litschert Model 13 10x Magnifier. Its on a Lyman 438 field scope. Thanks Jay

Comments

• kimikimi Member Posts: 44,723 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    My guess is that someone simply wanted more power than the typical 3 & 4 power that the 438 offered. Its value would depend on its condition. I'll try to find some info on it and will update this post if I'm successful.

Added: Litschert/Davis Scope Attachments were install it yourself attachments that came in the Varmint Master was a Hunting Scope that did not require threading of scope tube for installation. It came with complete instructions for installation. It had a 1&1/4" bell, coated lenses, and improved focusing adjustment. The Targeteer Hunting Scope is shown as $25.00, with the Varmint Master selling between $17.50 & $20.00. From what I can make out in the reference the higher priced Targeteer was 8 power, and the Varmint Master was 6 power. RE: Stroebel's Old Rifle Scopes.
    What's next?
  • JohnnyBGoodJohnnyBGood Member Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Pages 113-116 of Old Rifle Scopes by Stroebel has info on Litschert (later Davis Optical Company).

Johnny