In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Best price, way to acquire Barrett .50 receiver only?

imadorkimadork Member Posts: 147 ✭✭✭
edited February 2002 in Ask the Experts
I'm trying to get a bare Barrett M95 receiver--A bill has been introduced in California to outlaw the purchase of .50 rifles after Jan. 1 2003. I can't afford the whole rifle, so I want just a stripped receiver to beat the deadline and at some point assemble a complete rifle. Can anyone tell me what sort of price range I can expect and the best way to acquire the receiver? I greatly appreciate it.[This message has been edited by imadork (edited 02-26-2002).]

Comments

• Options
    oneshyoneshy Member Posts: 417
    edited November -1
    Don't know price of receiver, but rifle is $5000 MSRP. You'll have to have an FFL dealer call them directly, as they will not give price quotes over the web. Tel. 615-896-2938 www.barrettrifles.com There are also other parts that must be sent through an FFL. [This message has been edited by oneshy (edited 02-27-2002).]
  • Options
    cpermdcpermd Member Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    William at the Tannery Shop is exploring this.80% receivers.Should be around $1200 from what I have heard.BATF is scrutinizing it closely but if it flies I am in for two.Parts will be difficult but it can be done.cpermd
  • Options
    JudgeColtJudgeColt Member Posts: 1,790 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Don't you think the law will be written and interpreted like the assault weapons law so that, in order to be "grandfathered" in, the entire complete firearm will have to be in existence on the effective date of the law? A bare reciver will be just like a bare AW receiver, which may not now be assembled into an AW.