In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

????????SEAR PROBLEM???????????????

COONASSCOONASS Member Posts: 2,068 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited February 2002 in Ask the Experts
WHAT EXACTLY IS A "SEAR" PROBLEM WITH A GUN??

Comments

• dheffleydheffley Member Posts: 25,000
    edited November -1
    Sear problems can have many symtoms. Most common are accidental discharge, light or heavy trigger pulls, full auto discharges, and accidental misfires due to "bumping" the gun. A bad sear can also stop the gun from firing at all.Do you have a sear problem or is someone asking you to help with a sear problem?
    Save, research, then buy the best.Join the NRA, NOW!Teach them young, teach them safe, teach them forever, but most of all, teach them to VOTE!
  • niklasalniklasal Member Posts: 776 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Does using the bump fire technique damage your gun?
    NIKLASAL@hotmail.com
  • dheffleydheffley Member Posts: 25,000
    edited November -1
    If your gun fires from a bump, it definatly needs repair!
    Save, research, then buy the best.Join the NRA, NOW!Teach them young, teach them safe, teach them forever, but most of all, teach them to VOTE!
  • COONASSCOONASS Member Posts: 2,068 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    IN THE WANT ADS ABOUT THE MODEL 100'S, SOMEONE I THINK (CELSE) SAID SOMETHING ABOUT A SEAR PROBLEM ON 100'S.I LOVE WIN 100'S AND 88'S..................YES I ONCE HAD A 308 THAT WOULD SHOT TWO SHOTS SOOOO CLOSE IT SOUNDED LIKE ONE SHOT......THE SECOND SHOT WOULD HIT IN THE BLACK ON THE TARGET..I SENT IF OFF TO NU-LINE , 150 OR SO ROUNDS LATER,NO PROBLEM....................................................................THANKS FOR THE EDUCATION ON SEARING.......
  • Tailgunner1954Tailgunner1954 Member Posts: 7,734 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    bump fire and firing when bumped are 2 different thingsBump fire is using the recoil recovery PULL from the holding hand (left) to press the trigger with fixed trigger finger and while wasteful of ammo won't harm the weapon (unless you overheat the barrel)Firing when bumped is dangerous as it is a uncontroled and unexpected discharge ie: you smack the butt with your hand and the weapon fires.