In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

H.S .22 SHORT CONVERSION INFO

TOMBECKTOMBECK Member Posts: 64 ✭✭
edited February 2002 in Ask the Experts
I HAVE A HIGH STANDARD .22 SHORT CONVERSION (HAMDEN) (BBL, MAG, SLIDE) IN EXCELLENT (99.9%) CONDITION. IT APPEARS TO FIT A SUPERMATIC TROPHY TYPE FRAME WITH MILITARY GRIP. THE BARREL IS 6 3/4" LONG WITH A BRAKE ON THE END (MILLED IN THE BBL. NOT ATTACHED)THE FIRST TWO INCHES ARE SLAB SIDE AND THEN IS ROUND WITH SLIGHT TAPER TO THE BRAKE. THE SLIDE HAS NO SIGHT. THE BARREL HAS TWO WEIGHTS ATTACHED (1-1.5" AND 1-1.0") IT HAS THE STANDARD UNDER BARREL POST FOR MOUNTING. IT APPEARS TO HAVE BEEN "TEST FIRED" BUT NO MORE. THERE IS NO BOX OR PAPERWORK.QUESTIONS:1. WHAT WILL IT FIT2. ANY SPECIAL CARE OR CONCERNS IN USEING3. WHAT IS A VALUE RANGE- IF I DECIDE TO SELLAPPRECIATE ANY INFO. 41s AND VICTORS I KNOW, BUT LOST ON THIS ONETOMBECK@STATECOM.NET

Comments

• Options
    TOMBECKTOMBECK Member Posts: 64 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    ADDED TO ABOVE. LOOKS LIKE AN OLYMPIC .22 SHORT AS FAR AS BBL AND SLIDE.TOM B
  • Options
    Tailgunner1954Tailgunner1954 Member Posts: 7,734 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    You got me exited for a minute there.Yours sounds like the 2nd generation styleHS and I seem to remember that the barrel, slide and mag were the only functional differances between a supermatic and the olympic, Olympic slides were lighter due to being short only.I have a 1st gen. Olympic that the former (idiot) owner opened to LR, anyone have a spare 1st gen barrel / slide there about to throw out?Bob