In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Adjustable trigger? model six

hunter280manhunter280man Member Posts: 705
edited February 2002 in Ask the Experts
I checked into a reputable gunsmith to find out that I probably can buy a adjustable trigger for a model six pump cheeper than having a pro work on it. Does anyone know where to find a good trigger for this gun?
Though I was born to royalty, I was snatched at birth, so treat me as the noble I am!!!

Comments

• Options
    AntiqueDrAntiqueDr Member Posts: 691 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I really dont know of a replacement adjustable trigger for that rifle. It has the same fire control group of the 742, 760, 7600, etc, and is basically the same as the shotgun trigger groups.A decent trigger pull can be obtained by stoning the sear engagement surface and POSSIBLY adjusting/replacing two springs, but the trigger will never be as crisp or light as a 700's.Sounds like your guy just didnt want to mess with it.
    We buy, sell and trade quality guns and scopes!Ask us about Shepherd Scopes!Visit our website at www.ApaxEnterprises.com
  • Options
    hunter280manhunter280man Member Posts: 705
    edited November -1
    Thankyou Doc, hope everything is good on your end. Yea he didn't really look to interested in the job, I was just hoping for a replacement. Havent seen them either, thought a new trigger would be better than re-working, maybe not.
    Though I was born to royalty, I was snatched at birth, so treat me as the noble I am!!!