In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Glock 35

Gene B.Gene B. Member Posts: 892 ✭✭✭✭
edited February 2002 in Ask the Experts
Would you say the Glock 35 is a military grade pistol? and is it HK USP .40 better than it or are they about the same in terms of accuracy and durability?

Comments

• Options
    dheffleydheffley Member Posts: 25,000
    edited November -1
    Nope, the Glock is not military grade in my opinion, and the HK is a better gun. I know Glock owneras will disagree, but that's what I think.
    Save, research, then buy the best.Join the NRA, NOW!Teach them young, teach them safe, teach them forever, but most of all, teach them to VOTE!
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Well right when Im about to buy one I hear that another is better, or a see another cool pistol and I cant make up my mind
  • Options
    oneshyoneshy Member Posts: 417
    edited November -1
    They are both far superior to the Beretta M9. The Glock is considered by many, including Guns and Ammo, to be the best all around pistol in the world. This they put in writing. Accuracy is probably comparable between the 2 but all I have is the G35. With 165gr Gold Dot @ 25yd avg. group is 1.4in according to Gun Test Mag. As far as durability goes, there are fewer parts to break with the Glock, but they will both be inherited by your descendants.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    If sand or mud gets in that sqaure hole in the slide of the Glock 35 will it jam?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    A service grade pistol should couple reliability with ease of operation. This insures that it will work when the trigger is pulled and that troops can be easily trained in its use. In this realm I would say that the Glock would fit the criteria.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    oneshy,Are you serious? Do you really think the Glock is superior to the Beretta? Is this opinion or have you owned and used all of the guns? If you've owned them, I respect your opinion though I disagree. If you haven't owned all three, you need to buy them and compare them. The HK is simular in quality to the Beretta, but the Glock is a true production gun with less than good design or quality in my opinion. Don't receive this as an attack, I am just surprized at you're responce, And I DO respect you're views.
    Save, research, then buy the best.Join the NRA, NOW!Teach them young, teach them safe, teach them forever, but most of all, teach them to VOTE!
  • Options
    edited November -1
    No. Just a little sidelight on this question. Each year there is a tactical shoot for LEO's held in the desert [can't remember the name]. Anyway, one of the stages involved a scenario in which a buried gun and loose ammo in the sand must be found then the loose ammo loaded into the mag. and the target engaged. Around 50 officers went through the course. Massod Ayoob, in writing, personally thanked the pres. of Glock for supplying the weapon because no other pistol could have stood up to the punishment without failing.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    The Beretta failed the military test that the 1911 and Glock passed. The Beretta was chosen because of the devalued Lire which meant that it could be supplied for about $175 US. In this same test Revolvers and Semi-autos from 4 other man. also failed. The USP did not exist at that time, I don't believe.[This message has been edited by oneshy (edited 02-27-2002).]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I can understand why any firearms maker would be thanked for providing the weapons. I personally would be very concerned in firing dirty Glock. They (and the HK USP for that mater) are designed with an unsupported chamber. The Glock is notorious for firing without being home in full battery. This is one of the causes of their numerious kabooms. I do appreciate you view, but having carried the Beretta in service situations, I believe it's short coming to be that caliber, not the quality. Having owned the Glock, I found many issues with the quality of the firearm. The HK USP that I own is high quality, but I'm cautious of the unsuported chamber. If you're in Texas, maybe we could get together and do some river shooting. I would be glad to talk my concerns over person to person.